Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Joseph's Bike Ride





A recent home video of my son learning to ride his bike came to mind as a great inspiring video on which to add music. The low-budget amateur home video, paired with my original chamber music makes for an artsy indie feel. The music is repetitive on purpose. As I watched my son make repeated attempts at successful bike riding, so repeats the music. . . until he finally achieves his goal, at which point, the music moves right along with him. Note that I wanted the music to sound raw, unrefined, and even choppy, to match the nature of learning to ride a bike. Think of a quirky Philip Glass minimalist piece, only with classical woodwind instruments, horn, piano, guitar, and percussion, with their unique styles and characteristics, and a triumphant ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment