Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Long Overdue Update!


My last update was the blog opening date, July 5th, 2013. Wow! It has been over two years. Part of the reason for the gap is that I have been working on my MFA in Music Production and Sound Design with an emphasis on Music Composition for Film. I graduated in May 2015! Yay me! Okay, that's enough self-praise. During my coursework, I composed the film scores for three short films. Brothers (Lee Clements, 2014), ABC (Mason Allen, 2014), and La Fée Printemps (Silent Film, Segundo de Chomon, 1902) and composed a whole list of other film score demo pieces:

Brothers:



Brothers from Ben Lawyer on Vimeo.


ABC:



ABC from Ben Lawyer on Vimeo.


La Fée Printemps:



Re-Score to La Fée Printemps from Ben Lawyer on Vimeo.


Also,

I built my composer website, under the pseudonym Benjamin Michaelson. Search results for Ben Lawyer bring up hundreds of attorneys. Also, search results for "composer" will confuse people if it says "Ben Lawyer, Composer". Well, which is he? A Lawyer or a composer? To solve that riddle, I'm now Benjamin Michaelson in honor of my late father, Michael B. Lawyer, Sr. At home, I'm still Ben Lawyer. I will never disown my family name, just think of Michaelson as a business name.

Speaking of company names, I have also started an online film music company, Divergent Harmony Music at http://www.divergentharmony.com. You'll find all of my music there, as well as a way to request a custom film scoring quote, and contact form. I am my own webmaster. I've learned a lot since day one of the website in October 2014. Since then, the site has undergone several facelifts. The current version I've found to be the simplest and most attractive/inviting to the extent that it looks like a composer's website and a professional place one would go to find music for their film or other visual media.

My Soundcloud site also has a new URL: soundcloud.com/divergentharmony


No comments:

Post a Comment